They attended a Family Health and Well-being training program which was taught by Karen from the Bachelor Institute.
The program addresses the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual issues that impact on wellbeing, family unity and community harmony. The educational outcome of this course includes:
- The ability to take a holistic approach to meeting basic needs (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual).
- The ability to self-reflect and think critically about problems.
- The ability to set goals.
- Communication skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the process of grief and loss.
- Knowledge of family violence issues.
Abby from Sunrise Health also attended the training and spoke on the topic of women’s health and the importance of regular checks. The women found this interesting, and they shared stories and tips with each other on how they can better take care of themselves and their families.
Lastly, the local Police attended and explained the important process of Domestic Violence Order’s and when to involve the police. The women are now more aware of when they need help or support, and they know how to safely access it.
Thank you to all involved in this training day! The women really enjoyed it, and they now have the tools they need improve their health and wellbeing.